Fair Price Equestrian | Equilibrium Calmmunch
A tasty reward to support calm behaviour
Sold in outers of 5
A unique healthy, tasty, high fibre, low calorie, low sugar, cereal free snack especially designed for excitable or anxious horses and ponies. Sealed in a 1kg packs – perfect for competition days, as an in between meal snack, reward or boredom breaker or for times when your horses needs extra support.
- Made from top quality Timothy grass
- With fortified magnesium, B vitamins, camomile, hops and vervain
- Low in sugar, suitable for those prone to laminitis or obesity
- Provides a three-fold approach to calming to provide extra support to the existing diet when needed to keep horses and ponies calm in stressful situations.
- Can be served wet or dry, in a munch net, in a feed bucket, in the stable, field or trailer/horsebox
- Individually sealed for freshness
Manufactured under the BETA NOPS scheme
Calmmunch is a perfect calming horse treat. It is a high quality, 1kg formed block of slow dried Timothy grass so to maintain a fresh and succulent flavour. The blocks have magnesium, B vitamins, camomile, hops and vervain added, which are well known for their calming properties. Calmmunch blocks can be used in conjunction with the regular diet, and are particularly useful:
- For nervous or anxious horses, to help support a calm outlook in stressful situations
- Travelling, or at shows
- Before exercise or during clipping
- As a distraction when stable companions go out
- Horses on box rest
- As a calming horse treat
Horses are trickle feeders, which mean they would naturally spend 75% of their time eating. This ensures that their digestive system works at its best but sometimes daily routine or weight issues may result in their diet being restricted, and your horse not getting to snack as much as they would like!
Calmmunch provides a threefold approach to calming; firstly by the compressed fibre form offering an extended eating time so satisfying the innate need to forage and support gastric health. Its appetising taste can help distract the horse from the stressful situation as well as the carefully selected calming ingredients providing support. The low sugar content of Munch makes them an ideal snack or boredom breaker for horses or ponies prone to laminitis or obesity, and the airtight packaging not only means that they last for a year, but also maintains that ‘just harvested’ smell and freshness.
Ways to feed Calmmunch
Calmmunch blocks are a great way of helping your horse with their daily fibre intake, and can be fed in a number of ways to both extend your horse’s eating time, and keep them entertained:
- Can be fed wet or dry
- Can be fed in the stable, field or when travelling
- Feed in our specially designed Munch Net
- Place Calmmunch in the middle of a full haynet for an added surprise for your horse!
The Science behind Calmmunch
Calmmunch has been developed to provide a healthy snack for your horse, that’s low calorie, high fibre, low sugar and cereal free, making it suitable for all horses and ponies. The Timothy grass has been slow dried at a low temperature, allowing the hay to maintain a fresh, succulent flavour, as well as nutrient levels.