How does the Pony Massage Pad work?
The control panel allows you to select low, medium or high settings and as a result, you can choose the intensity of the program to suit your pony. Each program runs through a cycle of three different types of massage – pulsing, vibration and stroking –to ensure all muscles are worked in different ways.
Choosing your setting:
- LOW for cool down after exercise, for a sensitive horse or to introduce the pad to your pony for the first time.
- MEDIUM to warm up the muscles prior to exercise or for general maintenance.
- HIGH if your pony prefers a more intense massage.
The massage pad will run for 30 minutes before turning itself off automatically however, you can manually turn it off sooner if needed.
It can be used on its own or in conjunction with the hand held Massage Mitt for an all over massage, or the Massage Mitt Hotspot to combine heat and massage.
When to use the Pony Massage Pad?
In short, you can use the Pony Massage Pad before riding, after riding or on a day off! Here’s a few scenarios:
- Ponies on box rest to maintain good circulation.
- After exercise to help support recovery.
- Before exercise as part of warm up.
- At a show after travelling to relax.
- On your horses day off as general maintenance.
- Anytime as a reward.